Saturday, January 15, 2011

Augusta's First Skyscraper

Construction of the Chronicle Office Building was completed in 1914 and with 10 stories, the building was hailed as Augusta's first skyscraper. Its facade is similar to that of its neighbor the Lamar Building. After a fire in 1916, the building was renovated and renamed the Marion Building. Currently vacant, new owners hope to preserve it for future redevelopment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...