Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Spirit



After the cards are written and mailed, the tree decorated, the wreath hung, the candles placed in the windows, the shopping done and the packages wrapped, I get into the Christmas spirit by popping the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol in the DVD player and when its over, the 1951 version with Alastair Sim as Scrooge.

Of all of the movie and tv renditions of this Christmas classic, these two are my favorites and the season is not complete until I've watched them both.

Some years ago in Paris, I picked up a copy of Un Chant de Noel. As a not-so-good student of the French language, I thought this familiar story would be an easy read and for the most part it is.

Tonight, I watched the 1938 version with French subtitles! A new tradition has been borne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...